Tutorials

▼

Recommended Posts

▼

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Love HF's but cant afford the switch? Make HF shells

So you love HF's (hybrid Fitted's) or think you will,  but you already have a full stash?  Or you just can't wrap your head around the added cost.  Well its not a lost cause!  You can make an HF shell to put over your flats, prefolds, Fitted's, daddy flats, butterfly's or mini's. 

What's an HF shell?
Its basically a fleece wrap with or without a decorative outer.  You can also use it between diaper and cover at night to boost leak protection. 

What do I need to make a hybrid shell?
•One diaper cut water resistant fleece
•One diaper cut decorative outer (Minky and upcycled t-shirts are popular)*optional
•one water resistant fleece soaker cut *optional
•3/8th inch braided elastic. 
•universal thread. 
• follow any turn and topstitch cover pattern / tutorial.
•pins, snappi, boingos, snaps or velcro

There you have it.  2-4 will do.  I have 4.  I can get 3 fleece wrap cuts from 1/2 a meter, same with Minky outer.  I don't add the soaker layer but many like too. 
Bellow:  hybrid shell, diaper in shell, an OTB (on the bum). 

No comments:

Post a Comment