rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Monday 13 April 2015

The wrong fabric

I've sewn my kids some great clothes, parents and sister too.  I see great things for myself on the internet.  I buy the right fabric for it.  Then I have an idea, change everything and try to "make do" with what I have.  I know not to do this in theory.  I do it anyways.  I have no idea why.  I wish I didn't.  Especially cuz these great ideas for myself usually aren't.  Last night I did this. 

Now this morning I am tired, frustrated and annoyed cuz I totally wasted fabric.  I fixed the shirt mostly except I need to seam rip the front and re-sew that as sewing quickly at night isn't a good idea either. 

What was so awful?  Well the secondary fabric choice was way to heavy. Changed the drape completely and it looked like a super cute outfit for a 6 year old...with a wonky neckline I need to fix. 

I've decided not to rush into fixing.  It needs me to slow down and take a break.  I don't do this on things for others.  Just me.  I'm annoyed with myself and with fabric wasted and the outfit I don't get to make now cuz I used the fabric intended for it. 

So let my mistake be your lesson.   Take it slow and use the right fabric.  

No comments:

Post a Comment