rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Thursday 19 February 2015

Guess What? :),

So today I am off to pick up some wool interlock.  When I did the cloth diaper making workshop for MNO (Metis Nation of Ontario), there was left over wool.  And I have struck a deal with them.  I get the wool.  I get to sew lol, but I have to donate some of what I sew back.  No Problem! I'm all into helping my community.  In turn I get helped also.  It's that whole village thing.  It doesn't just take a village to raise a child, it takes a village to raise people. 

So we all talked and the decision is I'll look into making a wool pocket with hemp inserts.  (Fabric to be ordered tomorrow).  I really wanted to try raw silk with this idea but not in my budget.  So wicking jersey.  Just as well.  I know that will work even when lanolized.  Not sure the silk will wick when lanolized. 

I will totally posy pics, tutorial and an update on performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment