rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Thursday 19 March 2015

But That Was My Favorite Diaper!

When Monkey"wastes" my favorite diaper

We all have our favorite diapers.  Some are softness or cuteness favorites.  Others are performance favorites.  If your like me your anxious to do your diaper laundry just to use those favorites.  You try to time their use: "should I use the golden fleece now or just before I go to Tims?".  Disposable moms don't have this dilemma.  But anyone CD'ing knows the severity of these fashion choices (#red carpet life of a mom lol).  And inevitably we fail at that timing and baby "wastes" our favorites.  It happens without fail.  Now as time goes on you developed a small stash of favorites.  This increases your chances of having an un-wasted favorite so you can use a few favorites in day 1 and day 2 (assuming a 2 day laundry routine).  This post is happening cuz Monkey wasted ALL my favorites today. 

Pee Me A River Diaper:
This is the nighttime set of diapers or the ones when you're gonna be stuck in a car, on a bus and just want to guarantee baby arrives dry. Not that leaks are usual but you want to be 110% percent sure, cuz your change options are limited or its nighttime and you want to sleep.  This diaper is so absorbent a college student could wear it after to much partying....and  baby his a lil half hearted size pee.  You throw on any old scrap of cloth in frustration and baby then pees a river.
(This is a very new diaper, so new it's not fully prepped yet and it is already amazing.  Its cotton fleece and hemp fleece with a micro fleece topped wing. I made 2, one was cut with the print in the wrong direction lol. This is a butterfly fitted.  I also love my HF's at night)

Shit Don't roll Nowhere:
This is the the porcelain trophy of all poop catchers.  Monkey could have the runniest of ebf poops (although those days are past), a full on poopsplosion, doesn't matter cuz it holds it all like a champ.  Sposies moms would go green with envy if they saw this diaper in action!...and Monkey has a shart.  Like no pee even, just a shart.  Total waste. 

(this diaper is simply a butterfly fitted, like many of my diapers.  The elastics just happen to provide that perfect fit, more so then the others.  All my diapers do fit great, but this one has proven to hold some amazing amounts of poop. )

Unexplained Favorite:
You just love this, no reason easy to explain.  I have 2 unexplained favorites. One is a fitted made from up cycled receiving blankets.   Don't get me wrong, it has strong merits.  Its a good workhorse diaper, but I have higher performers.   It's cute & colourful, but not the cutest except perhaps to me. The other is a plain brown hemp fleece fitted.  It holds a lot should he nap a long time unexpectedly.  And I love sweats on babies and this is a sweat shirt diaper... Just love it.  I use these diapers at home or out, just to dwell in my fluff love....And Dad threw it on to take a walk and changed it when he got back....don't even know if it was wet but its in a basket at the sink waiting to be rinsed.  I briefly consider touching and sniffing to see if its got pee in it even but came to what senses are left and rinse and toss in the diaper pail *sigh*
(Like I said, these work great but thats not why I love them, I just do).
Softer Then Charmaine:
This is the cuddly teddy bear of diapers.  You take it to play group or your sister in laws house so everyone can witness this softest of soft diapers go OTB (in action).  This is likely a Minky or CV diaper.  My cuddle bear diaper is hemp inside, CV outside....And Monkey falls asleep,  wakes up after and you never even had a chance to change a diaper till you got home. 


(Twice Monkey got it on,(its new, inky used twice, love it) fell asleep pronto and and just kept sleeping.  Maybe it will be my "I could use 2-3 hours to myself diaper" lmao. It is hemp and CV so a soft and high performer. Plus its a butterfly so Monkey gets CV softness inside and out.  A Minky HF previously held this cuddly top rank). 

And that folks was just how the day went.  Other then my favorite diapers being wasted, the day was a great day.  We had a sunny but cild walk, dinner with my family, chores all completed, and games played. 

No comments:

Post a Comment