rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Thursday 22 January 2015

Post share: diapering facts

I read a blog post today that I'd like to share : here. Its a pretty interesting post.  The only 2 corrections I'd like to make is where it says diaper rash was almost unheard of till the 1940's with the introduction if rubber and plastic pants.  Diaper rash in the form or ammonia burn was common in the middle ages in Europe with babies in swaddling.  This is because they used to dry out the swaddling in front of a fire without washing, and only washed once a week.  Freaking gross right?  Thankfully for those poor European babies a doctor finally figured out that if the swaddling was washed after each use baby would have a clean healthy bum. 

Second: you do not need 6 dozen diapers? Who wrote that? Lol.  2 dozen will do. 

Did you know the part about emptying poop from a sposie into the toilet?  I did, its part of how I convinced by Man to man up and cloth diaper.  I said "fine I use cloth and pay for that, you use sposies and pay for them.  If you run out, then welcome to cloth.  Oh and by the way, I won't have poop sitting in my house so follow the directions and dispose if it in the toilet.  Cuz its actually illegal to put poop in the garbage".  He's a big cloth fan now lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment