rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Saturday 28 March 2015

Wool Washing Day

Last night I washed almost all the wool.  At this point I'm using the bathtub instead of the sink cuz there is just that much.  I wash with baby bath wash.  I scrub dirty parts and knead the rest like bread. Then soak it a bit.

Next I lanolized.  I emulsify the lanolin in a pop bottle with hot water and a drop if baby wash.  Add that to the tub, add lukewarm water and let them all soak.  Then hubby and I squeezed out the water, shook out the water.  The shaking step had us laughing as plenty of water came out soaking us, making us smell like wet sheep.  Then we rolled them in towels and hung to dry. 

They start out hanging in the bathroom.  But one by one they go in the back of a fan.  I turned the fan of this morning with two dry.  I need to dry the rest bit its so cold.  I need to decide which room will be made colder by the fan.  
In the pic below the fan is in the hallway only for the sake of the pic.  It's grey and cold outside and pics are looking dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment