rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Wool Shorties (mod'd bunz)

In the process ofif getting ready for spring and summer Monkey is going to need wool soakers and shorties instead if his fall/winter longies.  And so the sewing has begun.  
So this is a very basic mod from monster bunz.  Basically you use the whole monster bunz pattern (available to purchase at opulent monsters).  Then you draw a line across the leg portion on the pattern.  I did this at only 1.5 inches down from the crotch (and sewed with a 3/8th inch seam allowance).  Also I cut the leg cuffs wider.  His wide depends on your monkey's thighs.  But cut smaller then their thighs, to accommodate stretch.  Also my cuffs are much shorter, they are cut at (um guessing) just over 3 inches.  (I free hand many patterns).

The other thing you can see I did was sew in a soaker layer in the wet zone.  This is 100% merino wool (un felted), but we walk a LOT in the sprung and summer so monkey will be in the stroller or carrier a fair bit, so I wanted the second layer of wool for the wetzone.  I'll be honest, sewing a layer in the wet zone after the butt circle did take sine pinning  patience.  So if your a beginner either felt instead or breathe deep, take it slow and use lots of pin .  

*yoga is ideal for projects requiring patience.  I greet the sun then either down ward dog to pegion or butterfly my legs then turtle.  You can repeat but I opt to hold each pose for 5 min.  If find this really slows me down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment