rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Monday 9 March 2015

One piece short set (mod'd from monster bunz)

I really love the monster bunz pattern for my chunky monkey.  I think even for a smaller boy I'd love it.  If I had a girl, I'd try maxaloons with their more legging like fit.  

So as you know I mod'd the pattern into a one piece. 
Well here I've shortened that into a one piece shorts set.  To do this draw a line across the leg portion of the pattern 1.5-4 inches down from the crotch.  (More or less depending on baby's size / desired length). 

The other thing I've done is sewn the back waist of the pants half with elastic in the hem.  This prevents the but gap I was getting before.  (I can easily sew elastic with a zig zag into the previously made one piece sets).  This has made this outfit not require snaps,  but could have booth if you prefer. 

There will be other outfits coming for Monkey's spring/summer collection. I'll be using monster bunz one way or another I'm sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment