rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Friday 7 August 2015

fall longies

Fall is almost upon us and my chunky monkey baby is now a long legged toddler.  His thighs are still a little chunky lol.  He is now 15 months so as I think about fall clothes to go from fall to winter to spring I need to remember my lil monkey will be potty training at some point in that time period.  So rompers are out and longies are the way to go.  I love rompers but they are not easy for a toddler to take on and off during many potty trips.

When searching for wool I found a shop online called New Zealand Merino.  They had wool on sale, wool in prints and shipping turned out to be readonable.  I paid $30 shipping on $50 worth of wool (on sale).  That will work out to about $20 per pair of longies.  Could have been  less but some of the wool is jersey knit and I decided to double it and add an interlock wet zone.

The next feat will be shirts to match and making trainers for that magic day.  I will not be making water proof trainers.  To me thatbisba glorified diaper that allows toddlers to change themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment