rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Saturday 29 August 2015

this week in potty land

So we took 2 days off but Monkey wanted his undies so back on they went and I asked a Facebook friend about where she is at with EC (toddler the same age), and an IRL friend who is old hat EC.  She suggested I think of this time with an EC (elimination communication) mind set.

Yes Monkey is showing just pre potty ready awareness so use it all to talk about it.  Oh look you had a pee.  This one is in your (undies/diaper/potty) etc.  And on aand on, no pressure on him or me.  Just knowing I am giving him the words and concepts that he will soon be ready to use.

Today was interesting in that Monkey reacted to a wet diaper with being whiny, but wet undies by taking them off.

 I  am happy with this (but dread him doing that if he poops in them lol)
  He clearly prefers his undies.  I don't know why cuz he can't tell me yet and why is a complex thing to answer.

I guess knowing why isn't as important as seeing it as a step and supporting it.

It is exciting to see him learn and grow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment