rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Monday 31 August 2015

A Family Scrap Book.

Our family has been very fortunate to have a wonderfully run Metis Centre (servicing First Nations, Metis and Innuit) in our community.  We have benefited grately from the beautiful site, neighbouring park and the programs.

The baby centric programs offer a free photo shoot each summer.  Last year we got great infant pics of littlest Monkey, daddy monkey and me.  This year it was almost the whole family (Monkey #2 wasn't there).

Following the photo shoot we get a jump drive of 15 photos to print and do what we wish with.  Our family got 51! I didn't print all 51 but I did get five 8x10's and many 4x6's.

Then I went to dollar tree and dollarama and loaded up with affordable scrap book items and some budget items like a binder and photo pages to hold it all.  Also some computer paper for full size pages.

Cocoa puffs and I organized and planned and played things out.  Eventually we put it all together.

I am so impressed and it was great mom and daughter time.  The subject and colours all flow great.  Of course we started with the family shot.  Not the best pic of anyone but we were all facing the camera, an accomplishment with 7 people.

We have the spring babies and fall babies (minus #2)

The girls and the boys

Mommy and daddy.

We flow through the kids.




The photographer took tonnes of baby Monkey.


And lastly daddy monkey and I....although for some reason the circle under my eye is super inhanced :/ but I liked this one better over all.

See it can be done on a budget :) yeah it clearly isn't a $60 scrap book, but that's fine, it's a regular family scrap book.  And I am thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment