rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Monday 24 August 2015

potty training: it's OK to try again later

So my lil Monkey is nearing potty training age.  He will be 16 months on the 28th.  The training pants (monkey undies) are made and in progress of making more.  Potty training plans are in place.  We are practicing in the mornings.  But he isn't ready yet.

How do I know he isn't ready yet?  Well little clues.  The main one being when he peed on the floor yesterday he didn't seem all that aware.  He isn't in anyway fascinated by the pee he gets in the potty either.  His potty success is entirely based on my timing.

There are signs we are getting close though.  He tries to pull off diaper or undies if he poops.  He likes flushing the toilet when I dump his potty.  This is awesome as it scares a few toddlers.  He isn't resistant to my attempts.

So what path do I take?  I am getting him on the potty in the morning.  I am not pushing.  If he is done I encourage one more try then let it go.  When he gets undies wet I show him, touch it.  Tell him he had a pee.  And it would be fun if he gets his pee in the potty.  I am not holding high expectations.  I will keep looking for readiness every 7-10 days.  I do not want to miss that window! I also do not want to frustrate h.  It can be a careful balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment