rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

rocking a flannel butterfly fitted

Tuesday 28 April 2015

My Cloth Diaper Monkey Turns 1

Today was Monkeys birthday.

He has been in cloth diapers from day 1.  He is still a 100% cloth diaper baby.  He is also my 6th baby, all cloth diapered. My oldest child is 19.  Ive been at this 19 years and loving it.  I love being a mom, I love cloth diapering.  The number of years actually spent changing cloth diapers is a little more then 11.  My kids have potty trained around age 2.  Some took days, some weeks, one took months.  Thats because his dad let him fall in the toilet and he was scared.  

How do you succeed at 100% cloth diapering?  Don't use sposies.  Its like breastfeeding; use a bottle and you will undermine yourself.  

Is that cuz sposies are easier?  I don't think they are really easier, but it can feel that way.  Yes cloth means rinsing diapers, extra laundry and it seems like more work.  But consider this: 

•your supposed to dump the poop from sposies into the toilet (legally).  Most people don't though.  

•Yes I have to do laundry every other day, but know what? I don't have a giant laundry pile that I'm gonna need to haul down to the laundry mat to use 5 triple loaders.  Cloth Diapers means I never get behind on my laundry.  A little extra work today means I don't have a day of overwhelming laundry.  

•Sposies are notorious for poopslpions that cloth holds in.  No one takes that into account when adding up the work of diapering, ebf poop clean up of clothes on a regular basis?  That would suck.  

•Also I have a bullet proof night diaper system.  Hybrid fitted under wool, change half way through the night.  I never have a wet bed that needs sheets and mattress cleaned... Any sposie moms able to claim that?  

•Cloth diapering is guilt free.  I feel awesome about using them.  Sposies would leave me with an environmentally guilty conscience.  And guilt is time consuming.  

•Lastely they are super cute.  

The only bad thing is that apparently not everyone wants to talk cloth diapering and see my diapers.  Except other CD moms, and almost every grandma.  Grandma's love me though lol.  They think I'm awesome.  

So Happy Birthday my Monkey, sleep sound in your cloth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment